Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 3 cups of mushroom, chopped (approximately three large, flat mushrooms)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Salt & Pepper
- Roast the mushrooms at 160 degrees celsius, along with the garlic, balsamic vinegar, onion and rosemary, for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain and then blend the black beans. Add half the oats and blend again. Add the rest of the oats but leave whole. (You can add more oats to dry the mixture - it should stick together easily and not be too runny).
- Remove the mushroom and onion from the oven and add to the mixture. Add the breadcrumbs. Stir and season well.
- Mould the mixture into burger patties. The mixture should provide about 4 large-ish patties - depending on how big you want them to be, it could provide more.
- Place in the freezer for 10-20 minutes.
- Place olive oil in a frying pan and allow it to heat. Remove your patties from freezer and place straight into the frying pan. Fry either side until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve on a bun with smashed avocado, fresh lettuce and tomato and any other of your favourite condiments. I like to serve my burger with homemade sweet potato fries!