Delicious vegan Indian potato & cauliflower dumplings with creamy curry sauceRead More
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 3 cups of mushroom, chopped (approximately three large, flat mushrooms)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Salt & Pepper
- Roast the mushrooms at 160 degrees celsius, along with the garlic, balsamic vinegar, onion and rosemary, for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain and then blend the black beans. Add half the oats and blend again. Add the rest of the oats but leave whole. (You can add more oats to dry the mixture - it should stick together easily and not be too runny).
- Remove the mushroom and onion from the oven and add to the mixture. Add the breadcrumbs. Stir and season well.
- Mould the mixture into burger patties. The mixture should provide about 4 large-ish patties - depending on how big you want them to be, it could provide more.
- Place in the freezer for 10-20 minutes.
- Place olive oil in a frying pan and allow it to heat. Remove your patties from freezer and place straight into the frying pan. Fry either side until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve on a bun with smashed avocado, fresh lettuce and tomato and any other of your favourite condiments. I like to serve my burger with homemade sweet potato fries!
This recipe is a vegan version of classic basil pesto i.e. without the parmesan! If you still like your pesto to have a cheesy flavour, add some nutritional yeast, which is also a source of vitamin B12, a complete protein and has loads of other health benefits. I also add some golden flax flakes, another superfood which is tasteless but a good source of omega 3. Finally, I like to add some avocado to make it a bit creamy.
This is a super easy, healthy go-to vegan meal that only takes 10 minutes to prepare!
- ¼ - ½ Avocado
- 2 handfuls of basil leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Handful of pine nuts (or use cashews or almonds instead)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1-2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon golden flax flakes /ground flaxseed
- Roast the pine nuts at 160 degrees celsius for 5-10 minutes, until golden brown. Keep an eye on them as they burn quickly!
- Add the pine nuts, along with all other ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth. Add more olive oil until it is at your desired consistency.
- Serve with pasta, on bread, or any other way you would like!
- I had mine on pasta, served with sautéed mushroom, onion and broccoli and fresh basil and tomatoes. Yum!